Geography (Grade 3) - Urban and Rural Communities
Grade 3 students will learn about the features of urban and rural communities. By comparing land use, access to natural resources, transportation, population, buildings and structures they will learn how urban and rural communities are alike and how they are different. They will study the geographic and environmental factors that contribute to different communities. They will examine how communities work together and with the environment to meet human needs.
World Book Discovery Encyclopedia (J REF 031 WOR v.3 )
See City, p. 102-103 and Community, p. 158.
The Kingfisher Children’s Encyclopedia (J REF 031 Kin)
Please see City, p. 79.
- Mapping the Land and Weather (J 526 WAL)
- The City (J 307.76 DAW)
City (J 307.76 CIT)
An eyewitness book with Clip Art CD.
- Who’s Who in an Urban Community (J 307.76 MIL)
Life in a Residential City (J 307.336 BOU)
This book highlights life in the city of Toronto.
- Who’s Who in a Rural Community (J 307.72 MIL)
- Life in an Industrial City (J 307.76 FLA)
- Life in a Suburban City (J 307.76 FLA)
- Life in a Commercial City (J 307.76 ROM)
- Small Town (J 307.76 PAN)
- Follow that Map! A First Look at Mapping Skills (J 912.014 RIT)
- Map Skills for Children: Maps & Globes (DVD) (J 912.014 Map)
- Map Skills for Children: Making & Reading Maps (DVD) (J 912.014 Map)
- Map Scales (J 912.0148 WAD)
- Map Parts (J 912.014 TOR)
- Living in Urban Communities (J 307.76 STE )
- Communities (J 307 MOR )
- Mapping (J 912 CHA)
- Types of Maps (J 912 WAL)
Cities (J 307.76 Lai)
From the series, Sustaining our Environment. Adult assistance may be required.
Cities Discover How They Work (j 307.76 REI)
Includes fascinating sidebars, unique illustrations, Words to Know, and fun Did you Know facts combined with age-appropriate hands-on activities.
World Book Inc. (www.worldbookonline.com)
Please search city or village