Grade 10 Science: Endangered Species Pamphlet
Include the following information:
Year designated as endangered.
Scientific Name and description of species.
Causes for decline in population(s).
Efforts to protect and recover population.
Importance of species in its ecosystem.
Position of species in a 5 animal food chain.
[Adopted from Nelson 10: science concepts and connections, 2002.]
- Beacham’s guide to the endangered species of North America (REF 578.68097 Bea v.1-6)
- Grzimek’s animal life encyclopedia (REF 590.3 Grz 2004 v.1-17)
- Animal [The definitive visual guide to the world’s wildlife] (590 Ani)
- Firefly animal rescue [series title] (various)
- The Penguin atlas of endangered species (578.68 Mack)
- Environmental Issues & Policy Collection (Search terms: "Select 'Subject' tab and enter common name of your species, eg. Beulga whale, Barn owl.")