Grade 12 Music: Grade 12 Independent Music Study
1. Select a composer and research his/her life and musical contributions.
2. Select a performer or group and research their lives and musical contributions.
3. Select a musical style and time period, then research the details and evolution of this style.
4. Select a country and research one genre of its music.
5. Select an instrument and research its construction, care, history and music.
- Baker’s biographical dictionary of musicians (REF 780.922 Bak 2001 v.1-6)
- Facts On File dictionary of music (REF 780.3 Amm)
- Oxford companion to music (REF 780.3 Oxr)
- Harvard Dictionary of Music (780.3 Har 2003)
- World music: the rough guide (780.9 Wor 1999 v.1-2)
- Academic OneFile (Search terms: "Enter appropriate keywords, eg. John Lennon, electronic music, saxophone.")