Grade 10 History: Canada Between The Wars Thesis Essay
a. Which political party offered the best solutions to the problems of the Great Depression: Liberal, Conservative, or Cooperative Commonwealth Federation?
b. Did the lives of women improve during the 1920s and 1930s
c. Did advances in technology make the lives of Canadians easier?
d. Did the lives of minorities (eg. Aboriginals, Black Canadians, Chinese Canadians)improve during the 1920s and 1930s?
e. How much more independent did Canada become during the 1920s and 1930s?
f. Which region was hardest hit by the Great Depression: Ontario, the Prairies, or the East Coast?
- The Confident years: Canada in the 1920s (REF 971.062 Bon)
- The Depression years: Canada in the 1930s (REF 971.0623 Men)
- The Fitzhenry and Whiteside book of Canadian facts and dates (REF 971.00202 Fit 2005)
- The Oxford companion to Canadian history (REF 971.003 Oxf)
- CBCA Complete (Search terms: "Enter 'Great Depression' and various keywords relating to your question.")