Grade 11 English: Social Injustice ISU
The final project will consist of three parts:
A Website, including Annotated Works Cited, presenting your research.
An Awareness Campaign (documentary, commercial, podcast or advertisement).
A Presentation including a five minute Persuasive Speech, a demonstration of your website and awareness campaign, and 2-3 minutes for questions and answers.
Suggested topics include:
Lack of Access to Clean Water
Human Rights Violations
- Amnesty International Report (REF 323.49 AMN 2015-2016)
- Human Rights Watch World Report (REF 323.4905 HUM 2017)
- State of the World: a WorldWatch Institute Report on Progress Toward a Sustainable Society (REF 338.9 STA 2016)
- Various books on making podcasts, advertisements and speeches. (006.7876; 659.1; 808.51)
- Various books related to many social justice issues (300s; Look specifically at 305-306; 323)
- Academic OneFile (Search terms: "Enter topic keywords, eg. Access to Healthcare; then narrow results by Content Types and Subjects (main topic of available sources in the search results) on the right side of the results page")
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (Search terms: "Enter topic keywords, eg. Human Rights China; then limit by Document Type and Subject (overview of the main issue being discussed in large articles) on the right side of the results page.")
- Explora Canada Student Search 6-12 (Search terms: "Enter topic keywords, eg. Human Rights Violations; then limit by Source Types on left-hand column of the search results page.")
- Britannica Library Reference Center (Search terms: "Enter topic keywords, eg. Modern Slavery; then select type of resources by clicking on the related blue circles to the left of the search results")
- Centre for Social Justice: Key Issues
- United Nations Human Rights: Office of the High Commissioner: Issues
- United Nations Human Rights: Office of the High Commissioner: Human Rights by Country