Grade 12 History: History of Childhood and Children’s Literature
For this assignment, present (five to ten minutes) on ONE of the following topics:
1. Explore one of the following periods: Ancient World; the Middle Ages; the European Renaissance; the seventeenth century; the eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries; the Victorian Era.
2. Explore a non English-speaking country or region: China, Japan, Spain, France, Chile, Brazil, Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iran etc.
- Encyclopedia of children and childhood: in history and society (REF 305.2303 Enc v.1-4)
- Centuries of childhood: a social history of family life (306.850944 Ari)
- The Cambridge companion to children’s literature (809.89282 Cambr)
- The Norton anthology of children’s lieterature: the traditions in English (820.809282 Norto)
- Through the looking glass: further adventures & misadventures in the realm of children’s literature (809.89282 Lanes)