Science (Grade 7) - Pure Substances and Mixtures
Students will learn to define and differentiate between pure substances and mechanical mixtures. They will use the particle theory to explain the physical characteristics of matter in order to classify it. They will learn that most matter is either a solution or a mechanical mixture which can impact society and the environment.
The Particle Model of Matter (J 530 BAX)
Learn about the different kinds of atoms,the particles that make up an atom and the different states that matter can take. Includes science activities and projects, quizzes, timelines and further information.
- Mixtures and Solutions ( J 541.34 SOH)
- Who Split the Atom? (J 539 CLA)
- Physical Change: Reshaping Matter (J 530 STI)
- Changing Matter : Understanding Physical and Chemical Changes ( J 530.4 MAU)
- Atoms and Molecules (J 539.7 MAU)
The Usborne Internet-Linked Library of Science: Mixtures and Compounds (J 540 SMI)
This book delivers a clear introduction to mixtures and compounds that incorporate the material in our everyday lives, such as the sea, the air, plastics and fuel. Key chemical concepts are included as well as web-sites listed for further learning, a test yourself quiz plus hundreds of scientific terms.
- States of Matter (J 530.4 AMS)
- Materials Technology ( J 620.11 MAR)
- Materials (J 530.4 WAL)
Go to Expert Help, then SkillSurfer, followed by Elementary-Ontario, Grade 7 Science and Technology
- Rader's Chem4kids! (chem4kids.com/)