Science (Grade 3) - Soils in the Environment
Grade 3 students will examine soils and discover that soils are made up of living things and different earth materials. Different kinds of soil have different characterists and combinations of materials, which determine their animal and plant populations as well as their suitability for particular uses.
- The Environment Encyclopedia v. 9 (J REF 363.7003 Env v.9)
- The World Book Student Discovery Science Encyclopedia v. 10 (J REF 503 Wor v. 10)
- First Science Encyclopedia (J 503 FIR)
- Dirt (J 578.757 LAW)
- Super Soils (J 631.4 PET)
- You Are the Earth (J 333.72 SUZ )
- Minerals, Rocks, and Soil (J 552 DAV )
- Soil (J 631.4 OXL )
Soil Quality [DVD] (J 363.7396 SOI)
Although soil may seem plentiful, it can be polluted and depleted by natural & human activities. Examine the sources of soil pollution, & discover some of the efforts taken to prevent it.
- A Handful of Dirt (J 577.570222 BIA )
- Rocks and Soil (J 631.4 HOF )
- All About Weathering & Erosion [DVD] (J 551.3 ALL)
- Soil [DVD] (J 631.4 SOI)
- Soil : Digging Into Earth’s Vital Resource (J 631.4 STI)
- Soil: A Resource Our World Depends On (J 631.4 GRA)
Green Plants (J 571.2 WAL)
Other items on similar subjects can be found in the same call number areas.
- Different Kinds of Soil (J 631.4 ALO)
- How is Soil Made? (J 631.4 MON)