Science (Grade 4) - Habitats & Communities
Grade 4 students will begin to explore and compare ways in which communities of plants and animals satisfy their needs in specific habitats. In their investigations, they will also study some of the factors that affect various habitats, including changes that occur naturally and changes brought about by people.
- The Kingfisher Illustrated Animal Encyclopedia (J REF 590.3 BUR )
- The Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (J REF 503 KIN 2011 )
- What Do You Know About Habitats? (J 577 CLA)
- Desert Habitats (J 577.54 RIN )
- Forest Habitats (J 577.3 RIN)
- All About Animal Adaptations [DVD] (J 591.5 ALL)
- All About Animal Behavior & Communication [DVD] (J 591.51 ALL)
All About Animal Needs [DVD] (J 591.5 ALL)
Includes teacher’s pamphlet
- All About Food Chains [DVD] (J 577.16 ALL)
- Plant Habitats (J 581.7 SPI)
- Forest Habitats (J 577.3 MCF)
- Rain Forest Habitats (J 577.34 EIN)
- Habitat Destruction (J 639.92 BRU)
A Desert Food Chain (J 577.54 TAR)
Features beautiful colour photography.
- Who Needs a Swamp? (J 577.68097 PAT)
- Prairie Habitats (J 577.44 MIL)
- Ocean Habitats (J 577.7 MIL)
La Forêt (J FRENCH 577.3 GOU)
Take a walk through the forest habitat. Learn about forests through the seasons, in different regions, and the different animals that call forests home. Learn about forestry workers and the threats to forest habitats.
Rainforest Creatures (J 591.734 SEN)
Discover the life of the rainforest from insects to birds, butterflies and monkeys. This book offers beautiful photographs and creature profiles. Includes: Rainforests in Danger, a Glossary, Further Reading and Index.
What Do You Know About Animal Adaptations? (J 591.5 SLA)
An inquisitive look at different animals and how they adapt to their environment. Includes colour photographs, Glossary and Web Sites.
What Do You Know About World Habitats? (J 577 SLA)
This book answers 20 questions on habitats including What is a habitat? And do habitats change?. Includes colour photography, a Glossary, Index and Web Sites.
- Habitats and Wildlife in Danger (J 578.68 LEV)
- Animal habitats : compare where reptiles, mammals, sharks, birds and insects live and how they adapt to their environments (J 591.7 BRI )
- Plants in Different Habitats (J 581.7 KAL )
The World of Food Chains with Max Axiom (J 577.16 ODO)
Explore food chains with “super scientist,”, Max Axiom, in this graphic non-fiction book.
- Animals (J 571.31 SMI)
- Deforestation and Habitat Loss (J 333.7513 SIM)
- Land Habitats (J 577 KAL)
- Deserts - Bill Nye The Science Guy [DVD] (J 577.54 BIL)
- Underground Habitats (J 577. 584 RIN)
Grassland Food Webs (J 577.4 FLE)
Learn how animals and plants survive in the grasslands.
An Arctic Tundra Food Chain (J 577.586 TAR)
Take a sneak peak at the fascinating wildlife of the North by following a typical Arctic food chain. Beautiful photographs guide the reader on a journey to understanding how each Arctic plant and animal in the food chain is linked.
- What are Earth’s Biomes? (J 577 KAL)
- Mondes Polaires: La vie au froid extreme (J FRENCH 591.7586 BAT)
- Planete Terre: Les animaux de la foret tropicale (J FRENCH 591.734 WES)
- Rain Forest Habitats (J 577.34 RIN)
- Ocean Habitats (J 577.7 MCF)
- Birth & Baby Animals: Compare the way baby reptiles, mammals, sharks, birds and insects are born, hatched and reared (J 591.39 BIR)
- What are Habitats and Biomes? (J 577.82 SPI)
- Science for Kids: Habitats [DVD] (J 577 SCI)
- Analyzing Disappearing Habitats (J 578.68 STE)
Go to Expert Help, then SkillSurfer, followed by Elementary-Ontario, Grade 4 Science and Technology
- Explora Primary - Canada